Regent Street : Post Office (view 1)
The central post office was a building of some importance, catering for the needs of the town's private and business customers for many years. It's classical facade, which included smart-looking triangular pedimented windows, rather grand entrance/exits and a small balocy running across the lower part of the first floor windows. The Post Office opened for business from this site in 1882.
File Number: EGT1165